View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Craig,and welcome

The link Indigogo supplied will be so useful,but I just wanted to welcome you and add a little bit of encouragement.I was about 40 when my GP absolutely refused to allow me to continue my work as a supply teacher.So...I had little choice I`m afraid.And that hit me so hard but his aim was to give me more "quality" time for myself and looking back I would have struggled to juggle home committments with the demands of work so...it was a wise decision.In your case,it seems that you are aarriving at the decision yourself,probably with reservations.
Is there anyway you can still work but maybe cut your hours...job share or something? That would be a way of winding things down gradually.
You say you are more self conscious in public.I empathise but in my own experience,find folk are so very kind and understanding when they know what I`m up against.This of course is dependant on how open you feel you can be about your condition,and to talk about it isn`t everyones thing.
Could you change your job within the company and do more behind the scenes as it were?Is there a role within that criteria?

If you could talk with your boss,you could maybe arrive at strategies to ease your stress when the tremors take over.A break, someone to help you out.

Please don`t feel alone in this,So many of us have either been through this or are in the motions of...The support is right here throughout.

And finally...if and when you do decide to quit work,you will almost certainly find that new doors open.And life is still good.

Take care
Steff
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote