View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangoku View Post
Hi Dontbeamelvin,

First of all, I want to give you a big thanks for the very interesting approaches you have raised both on this post and on your "depressed shoulder" one.

This said, could you please tell me if your symptoms/aches were looking like mine which are basically very tight and achy (not strong but very deep and displeasant) neck/cervical and upper traps with from time to time, ache in my 4th and 5th finger and also in my shoulder.

To be more accurate, these achy feeling tends to worsen if I try to weigthlift, even with very very light weights, and especially if my head and neck go forward. At rest, i have nearly zero pain appart my neck and traps that stay rock hard.

In a nutshell, as a guy who loves sport and lifting, i am stuck in an "impeachment" situation because, in spite my pain is not disabling and horrible, i am not able to resume things I like and it is quite depressing to be in this "dead end" feeling.

So, if have well understood what you wrote, you are basically following a regimen of shrug and neck isometrics in addition with lat and pec minor's stretches ?

So, do you feel a release in your neck/traps and less aches in you arm and fingers ?

In all cases, i sincerely hope your condition continues to improve.

I thank you in advance for your thoughts.

God bless you

P.S : excuse me for my mistakes but i'm a french guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
If you have trigger points in the muscles, those muscles cannot be fully released/relaxed until the trigger points are resolved..
Also the answer is yes. The pain at the back of the neck in like the trap area is probably a spasm of the trap/levator. Most of the pain in the front of the shoulder, shoulder blade and down into the fingers and wrist can actually be many different trigger points. The ones I found to be really bad are the lats, pec minor, and the main one is the scalenes. In my opinion it is not a good idea to work on the scalenes to stretch or release them. It is good to strengthen your neck as a whole. Lats usually don't have a strength issue so you can most likely release them. If you practice upward rotation the pec minor should sort itself.

By the way I'm still working my way through this but this is what has been working for me!
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote