3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
That doc is an ***.
Is this the same one that helped cause the mania because
the medicine was "pure"?

Can you find another doctor?

The fact that he only prescrbes name brand drugs indicates
that he has flawed prescription practices.

We use to call that "sketchy."

Contact the pharmacy. Apparently, they can give you generic
meds instead of the expensive ones.

+++++++++
How close are you to a major teaching hospital?
For years, I was willing to drive a good distance
because the pdoc saved my life and for a long
time continued to be completely wonderful.

M
Great suggestions Mari (( hugs )) Thank you !!

I presented my new psych doc this morning with my laundry list of complaints with him. He changed his tune quickly when he saw it. I made him sit and read it. He then did spend the time brainstorming over every single behavioral health med I have taken in the past and compared that with the GenoMind report I got back two sessions ago.

We have agreed to start me on Lamictal (again), picking it up tomorrow. He's starting me out at a half of a 25 mg tablet. Going to start Lamictal (or the generic of this drug) tomorrow evening.

All of the new medications on the market now are in Tier IV and Tier V and there are no generics for a long time with these meds, so I am stuck with the older generation. I am looking into patient assistance but since I have Medicare, none of them will help me with the newer meds on the market now. I need to look thru the link another member sent me on the list of pharmas that do work with Medicare patients on certain medications, but those are older generations. I am getting patient assistance on my migraine medication called AIMOVIG but that is time limiting - one year only.

Blue

All the teaching hospitals/small psych hospitals and other hospitals have dropped my medicare advantage plan. To go out of network would cause me a co-pay of $800.00.

And yes, he's the one who prescribed the "clean medicine" called Rexulti that caused severe confusion. I had the rage attacks on Seroquel in Walgreens.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-11-2019), mymorgy (07-11-2019), OhKay (07-11-2019)