View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:17 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Concussions 8 years ago. Minor bumps brings back symptoms

Hi,

I am happy to have just found these forums. I suffered 3 concussions between 2009 and 2012 (2 from sports and 1 from being hit by a drunk driver).Over the last 7 years or so if I get a minor bump to the head or jolt to the body it can send me right back to PCS or at least that’s what it feels like it does. The symptoms all come back and last anywhere from weeks or even 6+ months sometimes depending on the severity of the bump. Small bumps such as my small child accidentally head butting me can set it off for weeks.

Once it all finally calms down I am able to jog and do some light exercise and that is ok. Nothing too strenuous though. I recently had a nice long streak of no issues (and to clarify-that doesn’t mean feeling 100%-I don’t think I’ll ever feel 100% again), maybe even a whole year, and I was getting back into good physical shape and health again finally, and then this past week I got a really hard bump from my child and my symptoms are back with full force. I’m so depressed and upset that I can’t stand it. Bad headaches, dizziness, pulsing pressure, strange electrical/tingling feelings that shoot through my scalp and neck, it’s just awful. This one feels like it’s goig to last months. I can usually predict right away if It will last around a week or months.

I would really love to talk to someone that has this same condition. I don’t personally know anyone that has this issue, so there’s no one I can talk to about it or get advice from. My doctors basically have no answers for me after years of tests. I feel like I’m at my tipping point. I don’t think anyone truly believes me concerning my problem. It is so frustrating. I feel like my boss doesn’t believe me. I feel like none of my friends believe me. Worst of all, I feel like my wife doesn’t even believe me, at least she certainly doesn’t understand the severity of this and just how difficult it makes my daily life. Please, if anyone has this same problem could you offer me any advice or anything you have found useful in your struggle? Is there something I could do outside of rest and slow recovery? I’ve tried just pushing through it and exercising anyway before, as I know exercise is ultimately good for our brains, but that only makes it worse until it is totally gone again. Does anyone have any other ideas or things that work for them? Pharmaceuticals? Alternative therapies?
Thanks for reading, I hope that wasn’t too lengthy.
TommyVarnum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote