View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 01:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bad bottle of sinemet?

Hello everyone. Has anyone here ever received what they believed to be a "bad" bottle of sinemet from their pharmacy/supplier? I get my sinemet from the VA pharmacy, and until recently I always got the carbidopa 25mg/levodopa 100mg made by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. Not too long ago I got a bottle of 360 tabs, and I swear they're "no good". I say this because they wear off hard and fast right at about 2 hours, and I mean it is "ugly". I've been having the worst dyskinesia that I've ever experienced. At first, I thought the pills were old/out-dated, because the color wasn't quite right. They're "yellow", but it's a slightly darker shade. They're "texture" isn't "correct" either--they seem "harder" than usual. Then I noticed they're larger. So, I took a look at the imprint (m/721), and sure enough they sent me a bottle of 360 tabs made by Mayne Pharma US. For some reason, my brain dose not like this med. So, before I actually figured out I simply had a different manufacturer, I called my VA neurologist and told her I had a "bad" bottle. Her remedy was to write me a prescription to be filled at a regular pharmacy. Well, "News Flash"--I can't really afford another prescription at SAMs Club or anywhere else. Oh well, I'm screwed AGAIN. This is madness. I take 3 tabs, four times daily. When this bottle runs out, whose to say the next prescription won't be from Mayne Pharma US again. I guess it's time to write my senator again, although he's already working on something else for me right now.
Question: My symptoms began around June 1996, so I'm 23 yrs into this. Could this length of time make me more sensitive to whatever subtle difference(s) there may be between makers of sinemet? I mean, I always thought "regular" sinemet was "regular sinemet."

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote