Thread: Aimovig
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 03:06 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Aimovig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoon1950 View Post
Hi godfrey ~ Wanted to reply, as I am on AIMOVIG, have been for 9 months now.

I went from 3-4 migraine a week to 1-2 since going on AIMOVIG. I had Migraine with Aura.

I am on 70 mg of AIMOVIG.

None of the preventatives worked for me, so went to Maxalt as an abortive but that never really worked either. Have had these migraine types since 13.

Found that if I don't give the shot within the 30 day period, migraine comes back with a vengeance and takes awhile to settle down. Have you found this?

I also heard on the AIMOVIG Facebook that in Canada, the AIMOVIG is only given out for one year. I will be calling AIMOVIG next week to re-order and also to ask about if there is a restriction on how many to dispense per year.

Soo glad to hear this is working for you.

Blue

Blue,

You might want to try Aimovig 140mg to see if it knocks out the rest of the migraines. It made a difference for me. I believe the price is the same as the 70mg injection. I did not have any side effects from 140mg.

As for the 30 day cycle, you are correct. Around 27 days I can feel the headaches starting to flare up. Some people take a shot every 4 weeks.

Not sure about the reorder program in Canada. In the US I did not qualify for free shots under Medicare. However, my Neurologist gives me some samples when I visit. Also, I petitioned my insurance company for a discount since none of the preventative medicines worked that well. I pay $240 per injection.

Good luck!

Dan
godfrey19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMoon1950 (07-13-2019), Wren (07-13-2019)