View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 04:09 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
I am 75 and spend most of the time with my two kitty cats. I never married and really have no family. Do you enjoy reading? I find it so relaxing and I only read books with happy endings. Have you tried any historical regency romances or authors like Susan Phillips.I also listen to a lot of music. Right now I am on a Josh Groban kick. Do you have any old friends that you lost contact with? Maybe you could reestablish contact with them? Can you get another kitty cat? I wish your kitty cat could get better but it sounds as if she is suffering and that is so depressing.
I get little sleep and sleeping pills didn't work on me. I try hard to control myself because I get irritable a lot and don't want to drive what few friends I have away. I am bipolar II. There are still a lot of nice people around besides all the cruel ones. Is there some agency who has volunteers that visit? They have them in NYC. I haven't taken advantage of it.
take care
bobby
oops I think you should feel sorry for those miserable people and not take it out on yourself. They aren't worth it!
I also rely a lot on God and believe that everything that happens is
God's will so it is for the good even if I don't understand it.
I see that we are both close in age, thank you for sharing this and your wisdom with me as well. This is all very helpful, seeking a higher power, I keep forgetting about this aspect of life.

Yes, having kitty's can be soo helpful, they are full of unconditional love which I find missing in humans. All but my kitty who has this neurological syndrome and he barely will let me touch him. I will have to make decisions about him soon, which is very sad to think about. His condition keeps me very sad and depressed most days. The neighbors here think I am terrible for thinking about euthanasia, same with my vet who keeps encouraging me to spend more money.

I am unable to read much due to Nystagmous of my eyes (they won't stay long on a single written line before they jerk to the Meniere's ear. I do listen to book tapes and belong to a book club that meets once a month, which is fun.

Have recently been listening to a music channel on my Kindle Fire and I play mouse games with my cat and he loves watching the mice race across the pages, lol.

I understand about sleep. My energy always goes way up in the evenings and I become hyperventilate due to childhood trauma. So, sleep usually evades me and I defeat all sleep medicines too. I have been awoken alot lately to what looks like a flashlight shinning in my bedroom window. I live on the ground floor, but have blackout curtains. I just have not figured out if this is a constant dream or really happening. Living in this gated community prevents anyone from walking by my window, so it would have to come from a window across from me.

You are fortunate in that you understand your limitations with BiPolar. Being new to the game I am learning that I need to find an etiquette class on how to be BiPolar socially. Of course there is really no etiquette class, just the school of hard knocks. Unfortunately I cannot un-ring the bell once I have chased people out of my life. It happens suddenly which makes it even more apparent and hurtful.

I know these neighbors aren't worth one second of my time. However, it's the residue of hurt feelings that I am trying to manage now. I no longer will do anything social with them again, just managing hurt feelings right now in this moment is tough. I hurt all over. I'm done with the sororities here, finished.

I'll be polite but not engage anyone in conversation ever again here. I have to figure out a way to protect myself.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-14-2019)