View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 04:30 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Heard back from my paratransit yesterday about the driver that abandoned the bus and left me beside a busy highway. I was on the way to my bankruptcy hearing and had to be present minded during that hearing on top of everything else (first time leaving home due to agoraphobia, anxiety and panic disorder).

The conversation was recorded.

The interviewer said that everything I said about what happened was verified as true and correct by the interior and exterior recording of this bus. And the location was also verified, which was right on an overpass over a large body of water. If anyone hit the bus, it would have sent me and the bus right over into the water as the concrete barrier was lower than the wheels of the bus.

I did tell them that as I sat there on the side of the highway watching all the speeding trucks passing by rocking the bus, that there were no escape hatches that I could see in the bus. The interviewer said she would have someone call me to go over emergency exits.

She said no need for the pictures I took since they had all the video recordings they needed.

She also said they are treating this seriously and I would have further contact with higher-ups, that this would not go un-noticed and corrective actions would be levied against the driver.

I have had such a difficult time turning over control of my life to drivers that I do not know, especially now, since I had to give up driving. Now, I have more reason to fear. I sat there and believed I was going to die last Wednesday and someone actually did, just 10 miles south of me running into the back of a truck on the side of the same highway I was on at the same time I was pulled over.

Shivers,

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-14-2019), mymorgy (07-13-2019)