View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 05:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, johnt, for your reply. Don't know what CMAX is, and don't know what THALF is. I did have a look at the "Sun Pharmaceuticals" link, and was surprised to see so many different makers.
For about 4 years now, I've been taking 3 tabs, four times daily of the carbidopa 25mg/levodopa 100mg formulae. Except for a few years beginning around the year 2000, I have always taken the Mylan carbidopa 25mg/levodopa 100mg (Imprint Code: M;CL2).
Your idea of "weighing" individual tabs and then trying to objectively decide if the heavier tabs worked "better" or caused worse "off" crashes or whatever, if that's where you were headed, sounds interesting. Of course, you realize that drug makers, as well as 8th grade chemistry and home-economics students, are quite adept at ensuring that each individual pill (or cupcake) in the batch contains the correct dose of ingredients. It's really quite simple, save some catastrophic mechanical failure in the "process". It's achieved by "extensive" mixing of ingredients. This is why I don't understand how a Mayne Pharma carbi/levodopa can have such a profoundly different affect than the Mylan made pill of the same ingredients.
Yes, "spreading out" my doses is always critical. After all, sinemet is essentially "poison".

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote