View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 01:42 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi Bobby ~ I listen to booktapes at night and that helps me get back to sleep. I have a Kindle too and the prices at Bookbub are affordable. I got my tape machine from my local library. It comes with a cartridge to download from the library for free to listen to books on tape. You can also download from BARD - for the blind to download booktapes and that is also where I got my tape machine thru too.

I have a free phone from Lifeline. I qualified with my income being soo low. If you want I can send you the link to fill out their application online. If you qualify you can have a choice of free cable or a free phone.

Meals on Wheels is horrible here, I toss more than I can even eat. I think that is why I have soo many stomach issues, the quality of their food is poor. I buy crackers to help fill up in between deliveries and it helps settle my stomach.

My county has an air conditioner plan and if you qualify, I get free fans. Not sure where you live and if your county offers this or not.

Also, thru my county I get free rides to the grocery store, to pick up prescriptions and transportation for doctors visits. I have a county social worker who helps me with all this. It's thru my county adult and aging program.

Blue

the air conditioner could cost me at least 150 a month. Now I have to pay the psychiatrist when I see him. That is 125. Then every month I have to pay him 49 to write a prescription. Then cabs went up a few dollars and I take them to go to the doctors. access a ride isn't reliable and I have no patience for it. Now I have to give Pudge prescription cat food for her stomach and that is 40 dollars an 8 pound bag. Abby eats it too. I have a lot of prescriptions for myself. Like aplenzin costs 20 dollars a month.I pay 169 a month for my supplementary insurance and over 500 a year for my prescription drug plan besides another 80 for another plan I just bought a new cell phone and have to pay 14 dollars a month. I decided I really needed one as a backup. I took my annuity out of stocks into a low paying money market. The market keeps on going up and supposedly will go up a lot higher but I just couldn't take the risk anymore. too much stress.
I read about five or six books a week. Right now I have enough books so I don't have to buy anymore from ebay. I buy in lots and get great prices. I also get free books for my kindle from bookbub.com . I get meals on wheels but am tired of veggie burgers and don't like their food. I just bought dried vegetable soup mix with low sodium from amazon and can make thirty servings. I bought low sodium packets of chicken bullion for more flavoring. I will keep on buying bones and hamburg for Danny because Robert is so good to me.
bobby
when the apartment gets hot again I will turn on the great air conditioner again.

Last edited by BlueMoon1950; 07-14-2019 at 02:00 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-14-2019), Dmom3005 (07-14-2019), mymorgy (07-14-2019), OhKay (07-15-2019)