View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 05:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Same experience with the exact same pill manufactured and distributed by Mayne Pharma, only add in too nauseous to eat which made the hyperness it made me feel and dyskinesias worse. My MDS ordered the one that was working for me previously which is made by ACTAVIS but is now distributed by Mayne. There is no extra charge since both are generics but I have to double check with CVS every month to make sure I get the right one because as the pharmacist explained, there is no way to enter a request for a specific generic into their system. The company just stocks the stores with whatever generic is cheapest. I open the package and look at the pills with the pharmacy clerk standing there to avoid paying for and getting home with the wrong ones. Maybe you can take the bottle back and tell the pharmacy that you aren't tolerating it and it needs to be replaced with another generic?

Don't assume you are imagining anything where generics are concerned. These drugs are manufactured overseas, mainly in India, with very little FDA oversight. (NPR's Fresh Air had a harrowing show on the topic a few weeks ago.) A few years ago, TEVA had to recall a batch of super potent carbidopa/levodopa.

Last edited by Canna; 07-14-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Canna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote