View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 05:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Our regular pharmacies here, we got all the paperwork about the med and the labels had the maker and some code number or identification..
Yours didn't have that info with it?

My dad got the generic C/L often the shape & color changed between 2 or 3 makers. But we didn't notice any issues..

There were posts many years ago about generics having more filler or lesser active percentages.. I think by soccerteses?? I probably misspelled the username..but it is close to that.. you can search for those posts with a name or keyword..

Oh taking any other meds?
After some years we had to drop the add on meds due to the accumulated side effects.. plus they weren't doing any positives by then.
Mirapex (pramipexole) was one those dropped

I think as we age we lose nutrient absorption. ..
That is written about on many website for ageing & nutrition.....
So I assume medication absorption changes too for better or worse..

When pot became legal in Oregon, we asked dad if he wanted to try it or CBD oil
, we had asked his neuro too but she claimed no knowledge on it and PD, so my parents did not want to give it a try.. Anxiety and hallucinations/delusions were a main symptoms by then.. and fatigue..
Thanks, Jo*mar. Yes, thee is always plenty of paperwork that arrives with my meds in the mail from the VA. It's the "government", and they love "paperwork". It's more than I care to ever to peruse or skim over. I have a problem with "paperwork", having worked for government for several years. So, I called my VA neurologist directly with my complaint.
yes, I take several other meds, but none are agonists or PD-related at this late stage. I've been through the lot of them already.
Sorry about your dad. Yeah, it does kind of make sense that pot might not be good for someone who is already delusional and having hallucinations, but it could have a "paradoxical effect". Stranger things have happened.

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote