View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Junior Member "Ling"

15 yr Member
Junior Member "Ling"

15 yr Member
Default The same question bothers me...

craigj, and worst of all, we do not have comprehensive social medical protection as you have in States. Here (in Hong Kong), we have to plan for our own fate (health, career...) ourselves and only GOD cares about us! After 6 years of dx, I am spending ages in getting ready for work in the morning <before medication kick in> - wearing shirt, buttoning, putting on trousers! My boss knows of my PD but he does not understand how PD affects me until a few months ago, I told him bluntly that with the disease progresses, I "have" to work on flexihour and to focus at the backstage as this would help me destress and lead a more leisure working life. The open dialogue works as it get my boss to put his foots on my shoes and avoid him from "over-expect" my capacity.

And craigj, you should know your boss/ superior well enough whether an open dialogue would help in your situation. My suggestion is:

If you wish to continue to work , try to manage your boss as well as co-worker expectation as this could avoid misunderstanding that you are slothful when actually you just cannot effort to be overloaded with work.

On the contrary, if you have lost your interest in work or found it unmanageable and the support system (social security) is sufficient for you to make such a choice, just lax and quit at time you felt comfortable.

All the best

LING
Ling2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote