View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:52 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
Blue,

You have bent over backwards trying to get this woman help, and trying to make sure that she is safe. You are a good and caring person

But you can do no more unless she makes new declarations of s/s ideations to you...

You don't know whether or not it is your sick neighbor's decision to go to her PCP for evaluation or not. She may trust him best to tell her what to do. While it would be best for her to be evaluated by a psychiatrist (if she has one) or in the ER, it is HER life, and HER decision, about what she is going to about her situation, and you have to respect that. Her PCP may tell her to go to the ER, and she may go. If she is no longer having s/s thoughts, they may not recommend inpatient treatment, and outpatient treatment instead, and you will have to accept that, too.

I know that this whole situation is very upsetting, and REALLY worries you. Because it's also so triggering, you have to try your best to to let go for your own wellbeing, knowing you have tried your best to help her (((HUGS)))
OhKay ~ I agree, I have done as much as I can humanely do. I spoke at length this morning to her best friend (C) and after M left to come talk to me last night, she had her heart to heart talk with the sick tenant. C assured me that things are under control and they will be checking on her hourly for awhile.

I walked by her apartment this morning and listened, there were kitchen noises, so I know she made it thru the night. I did not go in. M did not stay with her throughout the night. I cannot control M either.

I am having a difficult time letting go of this and moving on as I feel stuck in my own experiences today that happened in the past. So, will be doing my fiber arts today and listening to a new book tape. I finally washed my hair (was beginning to look like Phyllis Diller, lol). It's going to be super hot, 100 degrees the next three days, was hoping to be able to get out and walk, but will sit outside for brief moments today to connect with nature, nature can be soo healing.

Today, my sick neighbor is being taken by M only to see her chiropractor sigh...... there is nothing I can do to push this thru to see her psych doc. She has an appt with her psych doc in September................. which I am unhappy about a wait that long and that he's not being called today, but again, there is nothing I can do about this.

You are correct in that until she makes her next "declaration of s/ideation", I am going to push thru with my life and do calming soothing things going forward. I do want to enroll in that machine quilting class coming up in September. Just being in a fabric store feels like coming home to me, same with standing in a barn full of horses. Happiness is hugging a horse. And will watch my Westerns today too.

Thank you soo much for urging me to call the non-emergency number and get a report started on her by the police. They are taking over for now also.

((( appreciation hugs )))

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-16-2019), Dmom3005 (07-16-2019), mymorgy (07-17-2019)