View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 05:29 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
Stop taking their phone calls.
I have stopped receiving their phone calls, inappropriate reaction. Slept all afternoon, totally drained from the experience.

They are very concerned the police will come back to check on her and they asked me to call the police and warn them away, which I felt was unreasonable and which I didn't.. They warned me that should the police return, it could cause her to become more unstable and she was threatened by their presence, so it would be my fault if anything happened to her. I was shocked by this comment and I said nothing. Anything further said, would cause more ulglyness coming down on me. I thought to myself that I welcomed the police when they came to help me, but everyone is different.

Then I was told they are taking her out to her favorite restaurant and stopping back on the way home to pick up donuts. I asked if they could pick up a few for me, they didn't. It is rapidly apparent they are holding a grudge (C and M).

Hoping tomorrow I will be yesterday's news.

I was not shown any genuine appreciation for what I did for her. It's not that I expected anything at all, just a simple thank you acknowledging my efforts. Also, never got a thank you for taking care of their cats for two weeks. So, will tell them I am no longer offering this service. When I added up the normal cost to go to the home 2X a day to attend to their cats, I could have received about $200.00. If I decide to do this again, in the future, I will be charging $14.00 a day for two visits. Not letting anyone take advantage of me again.

So, in defense of what is happening, I ordered out from my favorite restaurant to have a good meal and desert in celebration for making it thru the last 48 hours and honoring myself. I don't think I am such a bad person, just someone that may care too much.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-16-2019), Dmom3005 (07-16-2019), mymorgy (07-17-2019)