View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 10:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have noticed major differences between generics and i turn into a space case when taking the activis generic and always get the mylan brand. mylan makes some or all of merck's sinemet, it's on the bottle label.

teva used to make a great C/L but sold their C/L and their ACTIVIS C/L (TEVA BOUGHT ACTIVIS

teva Completes Acquisition of Actavis Generics. JERUSALEM --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 2, 2016-- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA) and Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) today announced that Teva has completed its acquisition of Allergan's generics business (“Actavis Generics”).Aug 2, 20

and then they sold it to MAYNE
GREENVILLE, N.C. — Mayne Pharma recently announced that it had closed its $652 million acquisition of 42 products from Teva and Allergan. The portfolio includes 37 approved products and five products currently awaiting approval. The acquisition makes Mayne Pharma one of the 25 largest retail generic pharmaceutical companies in the United States and the second-largest generic oral contraceptive provider, the company said.

“We are extremely pleased to complete this transaction that establishes Mayne Pharma as a key player in the U.S. generic market,” president Stefan Cross said. “This portfolio is highly profitable and will significantly extend our size, scale and reach in the United States. Recent investments in people, systems and facilities will readily support the rapidly growing organization and ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service and high-quality products to our customers.”

The company has recently invested in a new manufacturing facility in Greenville, N.C., that will increase its manufacturing capacity by a factor of more than four. It has also grown its workforce by more than 700 employees globally.

The products acquired include the following in different dosage strengths.
Carbidopa/Levodopa

so i assume that MAYNE just repackages the ACTIVIS product. the teva C/L is defunct.

so what can you do to get the MYLAN generic? can't help you with the V.A. but you should call independent pharmacies and ask what they would charge you for 25/100 mylan C/L, you might find a pharmacy that will give you a break on the price. GOODRX quotes $11-$17 for 90tablets of what looks like the activis brand so maybe you can get the MYLAN for a little more. 90 pills is only 7.5 days for you.

you can also see if your doctor will write you an RX for 25/250 C/L, you might get a better price. it has less than 1/2 of the carbidopa/100mg than the 25/100 so you will have to probably take more, maybe not.

this is just to try to get you by until you hopefully find a way to get the V.A. to pay for the mylan brand. i'm very fortunate that i have a friend who owns an independent pharmacy and thus i have few problems getting a certain generic.

this is just going to get worse unless congress forces generic manufacturers to actually test their generics on people with pd and measure the relief one gets and side affects. right now they just have to measure the blood levels of the active ingredients on healthy volunteers.

here's a very critical story on chinese and indian generic mfg's.
NPR Choice page

i'm not saying i believe everything in the article but food for thought.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (07-21-2019)