View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 05:24 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi, Blue,

The current neighborhood feels too weird & perhaps toxic.

Can you contact groups (on-line/ over the phone/ in person)
that will help you connect to your needs?

Here's one: (ignore the spacing -- the spaces are there to keep this site from
deleting my link:
meet up .org

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Or volunteer over the phone. Or request that a volunteer visit you once a week.

Or find a painting or photography class on T.V. or online -- or anything that you can tolerate that gets you into a different place headwise.

Have you ever gone to a knitting or crocheting or painting or photography group?

. . . . Or maybe connect to something that used to work for you in the past.

The last few days, I spent hours listening to bands on Youtube.
The music got me out of my head a little.

Take care of yourself.

If this does not make sense, please ignore my post.

M
Hi Bobby ~ The neighborhood I live in is comprised of 184 independent senior apartments. Most of the tenants here are over the age of 84 and have been here for more than 20 years. So, they joined a close-knit pack of what I call "sororities". And they are not friendly and show no interest in welcoming me. They travel in packs too, you never see any of them out alone. I will have been here two years this November and have not made one lasting friendship. Most of my closest friends have passed away since I moved here.

I had to wait until after my bankruptcy before I could make any plans to do anything at all. Since I do not drive and have no car, I have to pay for transportation here and there and mostly it is time limited. Now, fingers crossed, my debts will be discharged, I will have some extra cash to enable me to find activities outside where I live. Already started my bucket list of things I want to do. It's been years since I fell deep into credit card debt, so this will be an exciting time for me to have some financial freedom and not be dependent and stuck to the people where I live.

Of course, you made sense, thank you for your great suggestions. My psych doc wants me to do volunteer work along with getting out to do fiber and quilting classes, which I plan to do. Next week will be traveling to my community mental health clinic to talk about starting therapy. I was going to travel to do this this week, but my s/s neighbor soaked up all my emotional time, so will go next week.

Hugs,

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-18-2019), Dmom3005 (07-18-2019)