View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 05:52 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
you sound so healthy and strong with such a good heart that is getting you in trouble. all those people are so sick and toxic. When you are feeling lonely or upset use this forum and call some help lines! you don't need to suffer from them. You are a very bright and articulate woman. You will find better friends after this horrific experience. You wrote that the pastor even turned his back. That is so f@#king outrageous. I would like to slap him and I am not usually violent.It is a gift to have a generous nature but you have to chose wisely. I start thinking the only sane and kind people are bp. They know what it is like to suffer.
Fondly
bobby
Bobby ~ This is, by far, the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a very looooooong time!! ((( hugs ))). Wow, I just went for the Kleenex when I read what you said about me. Thank you soo much !!! This really made me soo happy to experience the warm feelings you sent to me. How very thoughtful and kind of you to extend such caring thoughts my way.

Without you and the others here, I don't know if I could have gotten thru all this as effectively as I have.

What happened with that minister was cruel. I belonged to that church for 13 years and was married by this minister. My spouse, at that time, took my discharge paperwork from my inpatient psych hospital and gave many people copies of it and my minister got a copy too.

The church I belonged to was very political and cold anyway, still it was across the street from me, I watched it being built and I never missed a service in 13 years and tithed 30% of my yearly salary faithfully. But one Sunday, I extended my hand to say hello to him while I was in the line to leave, and he immediately put his hand back in his robe and told me to move along as I was keeping up the line. While I was recovering from my s/s experience, I contacted him to see if I could come and talk to him, for spiritual counseling and he refused and told me I was no longer welcome in his church. I have to say, I will significantly stunned. I had no one to turn to. At that time, my spouse was living with my mother, so I was cut off from my family. That was in 1994. I never went back and have not gone to church on a regular basis since then. I thought of reporting him, but then I had moved into a domestic women's violence shelter and moved out of state for 3 years to hide from my spouse. As I understand it, that very rich and influential community has made him a home there. Usually the ministers are supposed to move every 3 years, he has been there since 1994.

Karma is a ***** and will one day catch up with him, I do believe. Sad thing is that I will not be there to witness this.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-18-2019), Dmom3005 (07-18-2019), mymorgy (07-18-2019)