View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 06:08 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
Most people in my life disconnected from me following my s/s attempt as well. I chose to disconnect from others who were unhealthy for me to be around. It sounds like you had a rougher experience with that than I did in that regard.

Even though that experience was so devastating for you, that does not mean that you owe MC anything, especially not cat sitting. That is silly. Don't let her tug on your heart strings, and try to make you feel guilty.
You tried to get her help, and she chose to seek alternative means of "care" and the the support of other friends instead. She is not alone.

It is clear that you would be better off disconnecting from MC and the rest of that group entirely. Your interactions with them have been very detrimental to your mental health. You have to stop letting them draw you back in...

It may be useful for you to go back and read some of your previous posts so you can see just how much your interactions with these women have effected you. (((HUGS)))
Thank you OhKay ~ I never thought of going back and reading my former posts to see how I have been reacting with what has been going on. Every step of the way has been utterly painful for me to bear, that I have gotten caught up in all this drama and have not taken the time to take a step back and observe. Thank you for that suggestion.

And thank you for sharing your experience of when you went thru s/s. You know, I have not thought about that time until this incident happened and then everything came rushing back which was overwhelming. Thank you for helping me see I am not alone in this. Sadly, you have a story like mine to share ((( hugs )))

Today, during a "tea" which the three held, I got alot of pressure to take care of the cats from the very woman who will be here when M and MC is gone. It then struck me, why all the pressure when C can take care of them. C walked me back to my apartment and it was pressure every step and how frantic MC is now that she can't find anyone to take care of her cat (she forgot to mention M's cat too). Then I turned to her and made the remark "So, I guess it's up to you to do the pet care this weekend and are you able enough to bend down to clean the litter, etc?" Her remark was "I am not disabled, so yes, not a big problem for me". So, you are right, this is silliness, but then one has to understand the personalities involved to get the whole picture. There was no need to bully me into accepting this chore, except the need to bully me and excerpt control over me, which is what C is very good at. So, they didn't win this battle, the war is still raging.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-18-2019), Dmom3005 (07-18-2019), mymorgy (07-18-2019)