View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 05:09 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Saw my psych doc yesterday. I am getting along much better with him now and reached a cadence with him. It's been a rough transition from my former psych doc of 30 years to starting over with a new psych doc and dealing with his method of treatment.

Staying on 12.5 mg of Lamictal for another 10 days, then will slowly increase it to 25 mg.and then continue going up. I am experiencing no side effects yet. Last time I was on Lamictal, I had significant vision problems and a daily crushing headache, so we are taking it painfully slower.

I told him that when I was put on Zyprexa, it had an immediate calming effect on my mind, so we are considering adding this back in but not right away.

Will have to be very careful with weight gain. I am already almost at 200 pounds and at 5'3", my BMI is too high.

Battling insomnia all my life and last week only getting 3 hours of sleep a night. Finding that when the sun goes down, my energy level increases and it's difficult to get restful sleep. Now, I can sleep peacefully during the daytime hours, but at night (things happened to me as a child at night), my bed is my enemy. So, I ordered a weighted blanket and it's due to come in by next Tuesday. It's 15 pounds so hoping it might help.

Just took another Benadryl and trying out Melatonin - 2.5 mg now to help me get some sleep today before the sun comes up. Since I have been averaging 3 hours of sleep or none at all since last week, my psych doc warned me about entering into a manic phase, so he pushed taking more Benadryl and trying out Melatonin. Also upped Magnesium as Restless Legs just kicked in this week.

I hear C, above me, moving around, guessing she is up now. I brought my knitting down to show C in the tea yesterday. I am making a scarf. She only said "Oh" and that was it. Thank you C for admiring my scarf, not.

Well, the meds are kicking in again, so will go back to bed, listen to the new book tape by Michelle Obama and hoping I can get some zzzz's in before dawn breaks.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-19-2019), Dmom3005 (07-19-2019), Rain shower (07-19-2019)