View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 05:28 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
I'm so sorry that you have experienced so much sadness in your life, BlueMoon(((HUGS)))

It must be hard to trust people after so many have hurt you so much.
I have also experienced the same kind of revolving door of friends in my life. I have been through a lot, and have been burned and abandoned many times as well. It's traumatic. I keep most people at a distance.

I never finished my degree either because I became disabled mid-stream, but I'm very proud of the work I did, and you should be very proud of the work you did, too. It sounds like it was all interesting and rewarding. Not everyone can say that- degree or no degree.

Congratulations on being eligible for extra help and possibly being able to take advantage of a Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plan. I hope that the plan turns out to be affordable for you because it would open up a whole new world of providers for you. I know that you are struggling in that regard now...
OhKay ~ Good to hear from you today Thank you for sharing in a moment of sadness with me and understanding.

I think that my upbringing is what toughened me to be able to endure what I have dealt with all my life. Sadly, when 911 happened and everyone was reacting that there is "no safe place anymore", I would say "welcome to my world".

Trust is elusive for me. I open up and get hurt and I should have learned my lesson at age 68, lol, but I keep trying to find balance in people where I can exist. However with BPII and a broken brain, I am a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.

Congratulations on what you accomplished despite your disability . It's really neat to hear someone reflect back on everything and are proud of what they accomplished in life, that is making me *smile* for you. The sun is definitely shinning down on you.

The confusing thing about being approved for Medicaid and Extra Help, is that I am staring at a notice from Social Security and Medicare that said (4 months ago), I did not qualify for either due to my income. So, even though my insurance company and it's on the Medicare website that I am approved, there is a little doubt in the back of my mind that someone may have made a mistake. It's the same ole story with me, so trying not to get my hopes up too high.

I will qualify for Supplement because insurance companies cannot deny for pre-existing conditions, however, they can jack up the monthly premium 3 times and that would force me back into my original plan and would limit who I can then see, because soo many providers in my state don't accept Medicaid. I should find out soon something and at the same time I am waiting to find out if I am discharged thru my bankruptcy.

I just did my budget and it's going to be tight with a Supplemental policy and I won't be able to save. So, whatever happens will be for the best.

Take care OhKay (( hugs )) and thank you for responding !!

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-20-2019), Dmom3005 (07-20-2019), mymorgy (07-20-2019), OhKay (07-21-2019)