View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 09:35 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
I got scared of stomach cancer because a have pernicious anemia and slightly anemic. I am sorry you have catastrophic thinking too. It is a killer. I do the same thing and spend so much time seeking information. I spent so much time looking for herbal tea and their side effects for my conditions. I haven't gotten the dandelion tea yet which I ordered. It supposedly a great diuretic and might help to lower cholesterol.
Bobby ~ I have been reading "Full Catastrophic Living" by Joh Kabat-Zinn. It's been helpful for me.

Also, I practice DBT (Dialectal Behavior Therapy) which is a form of Mindfulness (living in the present moment and not judging your thoughts and feelings). It takes alot of practice. When I am in emotion mind, it's very hard to redirect my thinking or break the emotion. Emotions love emotions and they tend to build upon each other until you are in full catastrophic thinking (which I am in most of the time).

There are various grounding tools that I use that distract my catastrophic thinking and are helpful in getting out of that level of thinking.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-21-2019), OhKay (07-21-2019)