Thread: Aimovig
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 04:03 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Aimovig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoon1950 View Post
Godfrey ~ How did your neurologist appt go? Did you discuss going on the program that helps pay for this cost of AIMOVIG?

Going thru numerous migraines, one right after another in last 7 days and I just had my shot several days ago. Will call my headache doc and see about upping it to 140 mg.

Take care,

Blue

Blue,

Sorry to hear about your migraines. I experienced something similar and discussed with my Neurologist last week. I experienced repeat migraines on 70mg then tried 140mg with the same results.

On 70mg I had no headaches for several months then they started up. Maybe one a week with a lot of clusters. On 140mg the headaches went away for 6 weeks. Then I had what you described with two migraines and five clusters within a week. Maybe a little more intense than on 70mg.

The Neurologist didn’t have an explanation nor did we discuss why. He wanted to verify if I had a migraine or clusters. We also verified that I am still taking 50mg of Topamax daily and eat a low tyramine diet.

He asked if I wanted to try Ajovy to compare results. I agreed. At this point I have to clear my system of Aimovig for 60 days then try the Ajovy. Unfortunately, Ajovy is not covered by United Health Care part D. So I have filed a case. Also I learned from this experience that 60 days on these drugs is to early to come to a conclusion.

Good luck,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by godfrey19; 07-22-2019 at 06:32 PM.
godfrey19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMoon1950 (07-23-2019)