View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 04:21 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I heard from the state case worker. She went in and re-certified me. She will mail me the letter.

She told me that I am now eligible for partial Medicaid called The Spend Down Program. I have to pay out of pocket $6,000.00 for medical care, send in the receipts to her and I will be eligible for Full Medicare for two months and then it begins all over again. I laughed, sure, no problem, lol. I only have $5.00 in my savings account.

Then I asked her if this means that Extra Help will go away and she said she doesn't know. I asked her who is paying for my medicare advantage plan premiums, per Medicare, she does not know. According to Medicare, the state is, but she said nope.

So, what I will do is to serve Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security and my case worker with a certified letter notifying them what has been happening, I want to document that I notified all parties. If nothing happens and some agency continues to pay my health insurance premiums, that's on them. I am walking away. It is a mess, but I tried to straighten it out.

So, waiting now to hear from the Supplemental Plan if I am approved or not and will go forward with them, get rid of the Medicare Advantage Plan and that should end whomever is paying, fingers crossed. There is nothing else I can do.

Shrugging my shoulders at this point, shaking my head.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (07-23-2019), Dmom3005 (07-24-2019), Mari (07-23-2019), mymorgy (07-23-2019)