Old 07-23-2019, 04:47 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Blue

I'm going to suggest you specifically sit down the two people you talked
about that were friends. Explain to them what is going on. Let them
know its just starting to dawn on you that they could be seizures.

Let them know that its scary for you too. And you would really appreciate
it if they would help you keep a diary of what they see, maybe even
give them each a book to keep. Ask them to please be your friends
who are your eyes when you can't be.

Also I went and put the words alice in wonderland syndrome in the search.
It brought up, a area for the epilepsy foundation. It was were I had
been reading the stories of children. You might want to go read
through that. It also has some in Neurology Now, which I've read too.

And when it comes to Derrick, I have always been his champion. But
I really believe the reason his classmates were his too. Was the teacher that set the plan in place so he wasn't isolated in childhood. See she was both his 1st and 2nd grade teacher. And then the plan was carried through grade school.

Donna
Thanks Donna ~ WOW, I like that teacher that helped Derrick in 1st and 2nd grade. I remember my third grade teacher, in front of the whole class, said she wished she could break open my head and pour some common sense and knowledge into me. I was called stupid by my classmates as my teacher set the example, put in the back of the classroom and never called upon to answer any questions. I got F's and almost failed 3rd grade until I told the Principal what happened. Mrs. Cook, was her name. I remember exactly the scene, how she sat, what she looked like and what she said and how the students responded. But that was back in the early 50's.

I will think about what you suggested. One of my closest friends, whom I helped daily with her mobility issues and care of her cats for two years, found out I was taking an anti-psychotic and told me she never wanted me near her again, in her home, etc. She said she had never seen any evidence I was psychotic but it scared her. I tried to explain to her that it was being used off-label and not for psychosis, but it didn't matter, the damage was already done. So, I am a little leery of informing anything else about myself. I will just hope that, with time, the Lamictal will help me in that respect. I will continue to stay away from the residents that live here for the time being.However, if the subject ever comes up again, I might talk about it, will see.

This is not a caring group of women I live with and I have seen what they will do to those less fortunate here. The gossip is cruel. The two friends that are avoiding me are in their late 80's, so will leave it be for now and see what happens. It was a helpful suggestion, Donna, if I lived in a more caring group of tenants, it might work. In two years after my bankruptcy discharge, I will be leaving here for a fresh start in another county far from here.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-24-2019), mymorgy (07-23-2019)