View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 05:53 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Weighted Blanket

The 15 pound weighted blanket arrived today. Very interesting concept about laying under a weighted blanket.

When I first laid under the blanket, I thought this is not enough weight, so I folded it in half and then realized the benefit. I didn't want to climb out from under it. I felt a sense of comfort.

These blankets are supposed to produce endorphins and help with calming, sleep. I don't think I will sleep under it as it's too heavy to move around underneath it, even with the 15 pounds. But will use it when I feel un-grounded and need comforting or overly emotional.

I know there is alot of hype about this type of blanket. I know a few people and children that use it. Some have benefited, some have not. It's an individual thing. The write-ups about this, said to give it time and get used to how you feel under the weight.

After my breast cancer treatment, I would pile up pillows on top of me and I have slept that way for a long time. It gave me a sense of protection, especially with a cat that likes to walk across in sensitive places, lol.

It's an interesting concept.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-24-2019), mymorgy (07-24-2019)