View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 11:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoon1950 View Post
If you have Medicaid, you should be able to get all day, daily care from an Aide. Just went on Medicaid myself and my neighbor who is housebound also is on Medicaid and has a daily Aide. We talked about this yesterday and if it wasn't for his Aide, he would be in Assisted Living.

It always happens on the eve of a weekend before you can do anything about it. I don't know why that happens, perhaps Murphy's Law?

I just found out late afternoon on Friday that I am on Medicaid, but that conflicts with the denial letter I got several months ago. Now I have to wait throughout the weekend to verify this, so I have been on pins and needles over this.

Understand about shared bathrooms and bedrooms and not having your privacy. I qualified for Section 8 in my county and am living in a county owned building. Could your case manager look into this for you?

I get it about food. I had to go on Meals on Wheels for the last 12 months and my AIC went from 4 to 6.8 and everything is starch so I gained 30 pounds as well. It's not the best food, but it's food and I try not to complain.... much.

Good luck tomorrow in finding out resources for you !!

Blue
Meals on Wheels serves horrible food. Most of the time it's food that is dangerous to eat. Corn dogs, hot dogs, and a large hot dog type of thing with sour crout, and foods like that. My doctor said before my stroke that he's concerned about my cholesterol. He was right. Now I'm on Lipitor and aspirin.

I really don't know why they serve us food that is so bad for us. How do they get away with it? I know that it's free, but why junk food. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-24-2019), BlueMoon1950 (07-25-2019), Dmom3005 (07-25-2019), mymorgy (07-25-2019)