View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 36 months on LDN

It's been just over 36 months since I started taking 4.5 mg of naltrexone, LDN. At that time they said my increasingly worse tremor was MS but 4 months later I started Sinemet which worked and so I now have PD. Since that time Mirapex was added to my PD and Sinemet was reduced somewhat. I still take relatively low amounts of both drugs maybe because I'm still early onset?. I also take 400 mg of Q10 and some magnesium daily. I'm now 58 and my first tremor symptoms began maybe 5 years ago. My tremor is gone for now and outside of the drug side effects and poor sleep and low blood pressure, I manage quite well. I think I can say my PD has not progressed but it's hard to say. I hope it's because of the LDN. I've read a lot on what to expect about PD progression when beginning Sinemet and I am still not clear where I should be along the curve. I still wait for the other shoe to drop on progression but taking LDN gives me some hope for now that maybe I'll be ok. Note: I base most of my believe in LDN on the work done by Dr. Hongs group at the NIH. They have shown that low doses of opioid receptor antagonists like naloxone, naltrexone and dextromethorphan can slow or halt simulated PD in rodents.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...&dopt=Abstract
ashleyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote