View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 06:50 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
I have not found a seizure app. So no he doesn't use one.

We have what is called an visawear for him in public to also
keep at night close to him. It will alert 5 phone numbers that
he is in trouble if he presses a button, if we don't respond it
will send a ambulance or if we ask for it to send one it will.

I found this because we were going to get lifeline or something
like it and use most of his hours at night so he was safe.
This cost like $122.00 and that is all we pay for it. Till the
battery goes out.
I found it when I saw a ad that was about a lady that went
down a embankment and her cell phone wouldn't work, but
this did that her grandmother had bought her for christmas,
she passed out after pressing it. WOke up to police and her
dad. And ambulace and things.

Donna
Donna ~ Looked up visawear and see interesting product in there, thank you for sharing that webpage.

The county property I live in pays for Lifeline for all of us here. I wear the necklace with the button. I used to have the fall detector, but had to pay $30.00 a month for that and it was way to sensitive, any sudden movement caused it to call emergency. The Lifeline button I wear now is only for inside my apartment, would have to buy the one for outdoors. I wear my cell phone on me when I leave my apartment, but our cell towers are not that reliable. When I fell last May, I woke up on the pavement just outside my window during the middle of the day. People just walked by me thinking I was taking a nap, good grief.

Since I live alone I really need a much better alert system. When my bankruptcy goes thru will add it to my bucket list. I mostly worry at night being alone. It's been difficult climbing into that bed all alone and dealing with unpredictable noises that are scary. I have no one to protect me. I have always lived with a security system, this is the first place I have not used one. I live on the ground floor. Next door to me is the electrical room and beside that is the mail box for the building and the lunch room and lobby area/elevator. It's very active at night around here. If it's not emergency EMT's arriving, it's the police or people wandering the hallways and yelling for help.

When we have a tornado nearby, I head for the stairwell with my riding helmet in hand and have put it on when my vertigo gets out of control, like today. I also use a rollator to walk with. Used to use a cane but I fell using that last year, so bought a rollator.

Had a physical therapist come to my home to assess me, but that was useless. My vestibular system is permanent, no amount of physical therapy will strengthen that.

So, tonight I was capable of making dinner. I made a meatloaf (comfort food), baked potatoes, steamed veggies. It was soo nice to eat real food, as opposed to Meals on Wheels.

Take good care and soo glad that Derrick is OK !!

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-26-2019), mymorgy (07-25-2019)