View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 05:48 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi,

You do not have to tell them ahead of time.

If they ask you for a favor, say NO.

You could even start practicing saying "NO."

Say it aloud. Sing it. Dance to it: NO NO NO.

M
You are soo funny Mari I got a chuckle out of your response.

What I did was, last night, very late, I sent MC (the s/s tenant) a text message detailing the pet sitting card I got from my psych doctors office and let her know that I will not be doing pet sitting going forward and for her to look into this or others in advance of her next trip (she has a pet sitter she has been using for years, who comes and takes her cat home during CM's extended trips). I don't know why she stopped using her. I don't want her coming up to me telling me she could not find anyone to take care of her cat and playing the sympathy card like she did last week, after I said no. I also asked her to share this information to M. They both are going to have to start paying for pet services, since they took advantage of me and excluded me since then.

I am trying to break the cord of their idea of "friendship" with me. They can be gone all day shopping/out to lunch/dinner/movies etc and not include me and yet want me to sit for their cats for free and not do anything for me for doing this. Oh I heard that MC was going to cook a lobster dinner for me (never happened), then she was going to take me to a quilt show (never happened), then a local horse show (never happened), but she travels extensively with M and excludes me on the day she said we were to do something together. So, I gave them both one more chance (last week) and then heard of their excursions out the last three days and no thank you card showed up, no thank you, nothing. So, I am not going to be used this way. It's way to triggering for me.

At first I thought I could come back into their fold since the s/s episode, but they are actively excluding me as demonstrated last three days. I remember, several months ago, they asked me if I wanted to go to a craft store with them, which I agreed. I was soo happy to go and to be included. I thought we were all coming home when they pulled up front and dropped me off at the front of our building saying they were going to do other errands and left me at the curb of my home. I felt like I was slapped across the face with a cold fish. Then off they went leaving me behind standing at the curb. I no longer want to expose myself to their idea of a "friendship" with me. They have their own way of doing things and I don't want to be a part of it. They don't measure up to what I consider friendship. I'm tired of getting my feelings hurt and with my mood disorder, this toys drastically with hypomania and depression and puts me at risk. I recognize that I can no longer expose myself to the dangers they present to me. Yes, perhaps if I didn't have bipolar II, I might be able to handle this, but not now that I recognize my potential for mania/depression being triggered. No one is stepping up to protect me, so I have to do this myself.

It's kinda lonely doing life all alone. I wish I had a circle of friends around me, now I feel like living in a wagon out in the dessert all alone, fending for myself.

Blue

So, will practice saying "No". Thank you Mari
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-28-2019)