View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 04:38 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
snowball had the worse case of feline herpes and had another prolapsed colon. He was a white Persian with a fang and a crooked nose which finally straightened out when he grew. growing up I had another cat named socrates who almost took my eye out. Later I had Pumpkins, half aby and half himalyan wno used to get under the overs at night and sucked my ear. I also had precious Tui who was again so good natured and was a himalyan
Hi Bobby ~ It seems we have had our share of kitty health issues. I feel your pain. My cat of 13 passed away 5 years ago and had Hypercalcemia from his Hyperparathroid gland.

Sam, my 12 month old Ragdoll came to me with significant neurological issues. He has Feline Hyperthesia (touching him sets off an attack so he is on Gabapentin to calm down the nerves), he also has Nystagmous/Seizures and now a bladder condition. He does not have bladder stones or crystals but he cries when passing urine. First he was put on Prazosin for the spasms but the side effect was that it relaxed his bladder too much and he was dripping urine everywhere, so had to stop that. He's now getting Cosequin in the hopes it will help with inflammation. The Gabapentin is causing constipation (he's on a strictly wet food diet now), so he has two water fountains and lots of water bowls to encourage him to drink water for the constipation and some Laxatone and Pumpkin.

Due to his Hyperthesia, he does not like to be touched or he nips. The county came in and shut down the breeder claiming she was fronting for a cat mill, so that is probably where Sam came from. When he first came home, he could not walk across the room to me, he had to walk along the walls to get anywhere. He still has some very peculiar behaviors, we think that came from living in a tiny cage, unhealthy conditions and abuse.

He's been very difficult to bond with. He won't sleep on my bed at night, only directly under my bed on the side I sleep on. He won't cuddle or sit in my lap. I encourage him with all kinds of enrichment activities and when he is doing that, he has happy eyes. We are still discovering all his health issues. He had to have alot of teeth pulled at the age of 4 months due to severe gingivitis. I have had a pet behaviorist helping me with his odd behaviors, but he's a year now and we can only hope he will settle down someday.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-29-2019)