Thread: CRPS Surgery
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 03:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpugh67126 View Post
Never. I have had this disease for almost 24 years. I ran a support group for years by email. From all I have seen through the years I’d never get one nor recrecomend one. Several people in my group had them put in and all had problems with leads coming disconnected, infections also many had worse problems with their RSD. Anytime you get something implanted into your body it is very foreign and not natural. Remember many doctors get nice bonuses, trips, etc for every spinal cord stimulator one of their patients may get. I have seen horrible infections caused by the stimulators. Please beware and informed. Always ask and know what all risks could be please before getting one. They do not make the pain go away and can make you much worse. Wishing you the best, Sur
I also had so many people tell me these devices were "fine" IF they worked, the least amount you bend wrong or fall, leads can become disconnected or shift making the contact less than ideal.

No; not for me.

Also my RSD was too far advanced for this to still be recommended to me as a valid "treatment" option (even though it only deals with pain).
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote