View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 02:16 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I think you are right. I have red wine at home and I am going to start drinking two glasses a day.
A few studies have found that people who drink alcohol in moderation have lower rates of heart disease, and might even live longer than those who abstain. Alcohol has also been tied to a lower risk of blood clots and decreased levels of inflammation markers.

Many believe that the main benefit of alcohol comes from its ability to raise HDL cholesterol levels (the “good” type that helps sweep cholesterol deposits out of your arteries and protects against a heart attack).

In particular, red wine might offer the greatest benefit for lowering heart disease risk and death because it contains higher levels of natural plant chemicals -- such as resveratrol -- that have antioxidant properties and might protect artery walls.

Red wine was much more efficient than white in inhibiting cholesterol oxidation – 50 times more efficient to be more precise.

I just had two glasses and I am a bit high. i have the same chemistry as my father who was an alcoholic and said drinking made him happy.

Last edited by mymorgy; 07-30-2019 at 02:35 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-30-2019), Dmom3005 (07-30-2019), OhKay (07-31-2019)