View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Unless you strike your head against a solid surface as the car stops or the car hits a solid object at high speed, one cannot experience more than 2 Gs stopping a car. The brakes and tires will not cause more than 2 Gs.

Can somebody please answer a question?

Where are people getting the idea that fast stops in the car or bumping a wall or laying down hard onto a pillow or bed could be a concussion or cause damage?

Is there a Twitter feed or other social media that is spouting this nonsense?
Hi Mark,
I just had an experience like this right now and I’m terrified of another concussion. I hit the brakes hard and didn’t hit my head on anything but it kind of felt like my brain boggled in my head.
To answer your question, I personally get the idea of my brain going with the speed of my car and then stopping abruptly against my skull when I brake. I did not hit my head or move, just pictured my brain going with that speed and decelerating quickly into my skull. If that makes sense.
I am about 5 weeks out from a past concussion and really am afraid of a new one. I don’t know if this is silly or not but I am freaking out.
If anyone else has any input please share!
aloha6759 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote