View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 03:39 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I started eating two or three kiwis a day. They have so many benefits! They are available year round

It’s official: Daily kiwi fruit consumption can alleviate and prevent chronic constipation
Constipation – generally defined as infrequent bowel movements (less than three a week) and/or difficult passage of stools – is considered chronic if it persists for more than a few weeks.

Rich in antioxidants and high in fiber, kiwi fruit has a potent anti-inflammatory effect that can cause overall improvement in bowel function – and relieve chronic constipation.

Specifically, studies have shown that daily consumption of kiwi fruit improves the softness and bulk of stools, thereby increasing the frequency and ease of bowel movements while reducing uncomfortable “straining.”

And, unlike harsh laxatives, kiwi fruit alleviates constipation without causing diarrhea.

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder of the gastrointestinal system. It’s characterized by abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, and alternating diarrhea and constipation. Treatment of this debilitating disease can be difficult.

In 2010, a study was carried out to see what effect the consumption of kiwi fruit would have on IBS constipation symptoms. A total of 41 patients with IBS constipation participated in the study, which took place over four weeks of treatment. Findings were overwhelmingly positive. The patients’ weekly defecation frequency significantly increased, while colon transit time significantly decreased.

I finally got on the scale. I was shocked, I thought I gained ten pounds because of the constipation, I actually lost four. My stomach is still bothering me so I have been drinking a lot of soup. I did go out with my friend and had a hamburg and french fries and it didn't bother my stomach. I was craving that and still am.
Robert came over and I gave Danny a new leash, stuffed animal and two little bones. He came in and immediately jumped on the bed and proceeded to tear off the wrapping and chewed up and ate one of the bones/ I ordered more for when he comes over.
Robert also scared me about cholesterol. I am so scared of the injectable drug and my cholesterol especially since I already had a stroke. I am hardly sleeping. I see the new cardiologist to see what he says.
I am scared of seeing the caseworker today. I seem to be slightly paranoid.
I did start using the recumbent bike.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-02-2019), Dmom3005 (08-02-2019), OhKay (08-02-2019)