Thread: Pirenzepine
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 11:46 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytobehere View Post
Thank you so much for your sensible reply. I had also heard of the dementia risk and I'm more than willing to take the risk because it also might no cause dementia so again thanks for your sensible reply. A doctor had prescribed oxybutynin 5mg oral dosage but at a little over 4 weeks my feet began to swell, I quit for a few days and my swelled feet went down I then tried 1/2 of the 5mg pill but again after a few more weeks my feet again swelled badly. I think trans dermal is suppose to side step some of the swelling while applying the medicine directly to the effected nerves for better repair of the nerves but I would need a trans dermal gel for that. That's why I was asking about trans dermal delivery. Does anyone think trans dermal will sidestep the swelling feet problem? Also I've found an online supplier for pirenzepine but Its hard to trust foreign pharmaceutical suppliers. I'm not so much afraid of the medicine not being the correct medicine as much as I am afraid of them simply taking the money and just not sending anything therefore costing more time in getting relief and I read some where that the closer to the onset of the neuropathy the medicine is applied the better the chances the medicine will work, I don't know if this is true or not. perhaps others here may know more about this. I have used aldaychemist (an india based company) with great success for other needs but they don't carry pirenzepine. It would be of great help if anyone knows of a legit foreign supplier of pirenzepine. Its not on any US banned list or anything so it shouldn't be a problem. And I might mention that towards the end of the 6 to 7 weeks total I used the oxybutynin my fingers started getting a very slight electrical sensation to touch where before there was no sensation at all so I know this stuff does do something. Sorry for the long post but thanks again for an encouraging reply and also thanks for your and everyone else's time in reading this.
Trandermal delivery of oxybutynin ends up in your blood stream. The oxybutnin patch is to treat bladder spasms. The only way to treat the spasms is to get the medication into your blood stream. Consequently, the oxybutynin medication can get to areas of your body where there is no direct application of a gel or a patch.

Two other examples of transdermal delivery systems are smoking patches (to deliver nicotine) and the contraceptive patch ( to deliver contraceptive medication).
mhw69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
northerngal (08-19-2019)