View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 03:09 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
EMG is often negative w/TOS, unless the major nerves are being severely affected..

One test or a few tests will not prove or rule out TOS.
Usually it is when other causes are ruled out then TOS is more the culprit.

I suggest looking thru or TOS docs & PTs sticky thread, I wouldn't waste time & money going to MDs that are not fully up on the syndrome..

MDs & PTs

Trigger points can make for many referred pain symptoms so it is good to learn about those - and it might be a large part of your symptoms

You can post your state or area for other dr suggestions.
some members stay with friends or relatives for a short time if they are closer to a good TOS dr location.

since you were very active & fit - And no actual injury happened to change things??

I would think it is accumulated injury issue. much like a chronic RSI.. and can be turned around to a more normal state with lots of rest & proper therapies..
If you go to a top TOS dr some will require PT sessions before considering surgery ,unless there is a glaring anomaly that shows up in imaging or testing..

If you aren't nervous about seeking expert chiropractic care?? --- I will say that I had the best results from a very good chiro he also did mixed PT /massage techniques and had a Low level laser & IF stim.. did top rib mobilization , adjust my wrist/elbow shoulder as needed, and he also did the c1 c2 adjusting..

.....and /or seek out a very advanced PT/body-worker type person..

If they ever make things worse or don't adjust to what you can tolerate then quit that place..and find a better one..

If you didn't have good form / body mechanics when lifting , that might be how the accumulated injury came about.

Hypertrophy of the muscles can be a cause too -if you got over sized - it crowds the nerves & blood flow thru the outlet..
so sometimes letting the muscle get back to a more normal size and with some flexibility work things may resolve, if that is the case..
Hi, Which body part do you recommend the laser treatment for? I have multi-wave locked system technology laser available locally. How many sessions? Can pick only one body part at the time.
Gloria_D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote