Thread: Fear of ALS
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Fear of ALS

Greetings. Here are some rather odd symptoms I been dealing with. I would very much appreciate input. I have health anxiety that has been under control for ober a decade. Here we go:

Constant...and I do mean absolutely, non-stop calf muscle twitching in both legs. They can be seen. They do seem more pronounced after exercising the muscle.

Random and sporadic, widespread twitching over other areas of the body. My right thumb and forefinger twitch (this has lessened, but is still sporadically happening).

My right calf always has a feeling of tightness or “being off. This has been occurring daily for the past 6 weeks or so. I am absolutely terrified of ALS.

I do daily "strength tests" to verify I still have strength (walking on toes, walking on heels, jumping from floor to a chair, walking up stairs, using only the balls of my feet, etc.) I can still do everything I could do before the twitching started. I saw my primary doctor, who performed reflex tests, including Babinski...all were normal. It was his opinion that it would be very atypical for ALS to present in this manner. I’ve described my symptoms to three online neurologists, who felt it was not indicative of ALS.

Still, the muscle twitches remain. And they literally, NEVER subside. The anxiety from this is overwhelming. Why are my leg muscles twitching? Blood work showed B12 and Vitamin D levels below the lower end of the accepted range.
ccredmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote