View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 05:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi!

Kjetil Larsen has me doing shrugs with very light weights or an elastic band, and more excersises to help strengthen neck muscles. I think these can be found on YouTube (??). I can only do a few of these and only 2x week. I get really sore/tight muscles in neck afterwards. Don’t see any results with this yet, but have only been doing it since end of June and only 2x week. I think it will just take time. Yes, I agree that 10 days is probably way to short (but I don’t know) to expect improvement, who helped you with your routine? Maybe you’re doing the excersises too often?? I was told that if I do my excersises correctly, they should be done slowly, 1 set to moderate fatigue, 2 x week that I should expect to have a mild worsening of my symptoms, but not for more than 1-2 days. I get this, mostly tender and tight scalenes and sore shoulder (I do some shoulder excersises because of some damaged muscles do to wrong shoulder posture and wrong use of shoulder blades over many years). Sometimes my fingers tingle more and I have a general achy feeling on my right side-my worse side.

I don’t know what monkey shrugs are or the diagonal slides. I think it’s probably normal to be sure and tight a few days. Good luck with your recovery! Hope you find some relief!

Have you checked out Kjetil Larsen on YouTube? He has a website, but I can’t post website name in here. He does a lot of online appointments with people who can’t come to his clinic, it’s pricy but probably worth it if you can do it. His clinic is called Trening og rehab in Norwegian and I think it’s Training and rehab in English??

Things I have learned from him about my TOS and TOS in general:

-never ever!!!!pull shoulders back and down as it crushes brachial plexus and can contribute to damage shoulder muscles
-lift shoulders 1-2 cm straight up, this helps my ulnar pain, but it takes a lot of time to get used to keeping this posture.
-get out of the cervical hinge-neck should be long (probably on YouTube)
- all excersises should be done slowly!!! It targets the muscle you’re working in, not all the other muscles. This makes the excersises much more effective and it’s much harder to do them.

Again! Good luck!

Last edited by SAHOL78; 08-10-2019 at 05:38 AM.
SAHOL78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote