Old 08-11-2019, 03:06 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by trc85 View Post
Mr Avi. I'm a subscriber of yours on YT. I'm having the same problem. Lyrica has ruined my life. Like you, I didn't even take that much of it and not even every day but I'm having the same brutal withdrawal that makes every second unbearable. I know the pain you're going through. I'm determined to beat this monster. I don't know how long it will take us to recover fully, but every day is a victory. It's hard to do anything to help yourself when you are barely able to feed yourself, wash or leave the house. Lyrica is an epidemic where I'm from in the UK/Ireland. I know many people who were given it for anxiety and can't get off it. I feel for these people but I'm thankful I didn't take as much as the doctor told me because I would be in even worse trouble and maybe even dead. Let me know if you find anything that helps with the withdrawal. I'm taking cbd, kratom, magnesium and a host of other legal supplements. I'm scared to take anything pharmaceutical for fear of digging the hole deeper but I take a diazepam or xanax if things get really bad. How aew you feeling now man? Hope you're doing better and don't give up.

Take care,

Tristan.
I took Pregabalin December 19th at night, that's when this all started. A few days before NYE the side effects started big time and it went downhill from there.

My tinnitus started I believe January 1st or possibly December 31st and stayed, I'm not sure when visual snow started.. maybe later. But dp/dr, anxiety, paranoia, all of that started a few days before alongside the night sweats and nightmares and suicidal ideation.

It's now August 11th, so 235 days since I started this journey. Quickly approaching an anniversary and 222 days since tinnitus started. And 200 days free from Pregabalin...

So 8 months later and how am I? I have better days and bad days. But I still feel sick. I haven't worked in a long time, I barely do anything anymore and am angry a lot of the times. Sometimes I just can't control my frustration at my ringing ears or that I have trouble falling asleep. I can't rest, it's extremely exhausting. I'm going to have to move back in with my family next month as I'm pretty much disabled thanks to my 1 month experience with Pregabalin. I'm still shocked at how much listening to a doctor could ruin.

My memory is still pretty ****ed up. I am majorly depressed. I depersonalize often and sometimes forget which language I'm speaking in, or looking back at my old videos I wonder who that is that's speaking. It feels like I'd be stuck between life and death, a purgatory of sorts.

I think part of the reason I'm still feeling this way is because of permanent damage and I have symptoms with no cure in sight. If there would be a tinnitus cure, I'd probably feel way better. I'm sure visual snow and tinnitus one day will have better treatments, but for now it's hell.
michaelavi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote