View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 06:12 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Anxiety post concussion

Hello all, I was seeing some posts in relation to this, but not sure if anyone actually found help on this subject. I am early 30's recovering from my 3rd concussion in 2 years...my last concussion over a year ago. With this past concussion I have returned to function cognitively and work full time and work out, but have extreme anxiety about repeat concussions or my head in general. So much so that I cut my own hair and don't let my children touch my head. I just worry everything causes a concussion. I am fairly educated and know this is not the case, but can't seem to convince part of my brain or my body of this. I have no mental health concerns prior to this so I am sure it is poor coping mechanisms for anxiety. I have seen sports medicine, psych, neuropsych, physical therapy and all seem kind of confused why I am there. Essentially they say I am fine and this is anxiety that I need to deal with. I even was able to do a vigorous workout with my PT so that is not the issue. Really looking for some advice or feedback on this as I would love to go back to playing basketball, and more importantly just doing things with my children and not worry about my head. Thanks in advance!
RPulver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote