View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, sorry it took me so long to post here (I was out of town, and then got sick).

I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through all of this with your son (who is as cute as a button, by the way).

It sounds like you're on the road to Testville!

Waiting for EEG/VEEG's to be dictated can be a pain in the butt. But look at it this way, if they came back right away I'd be worried they didn't spend enough time reading them and being thorough.

Usually when you hear that said, they do have the results and are reading them then 'writing' up the results (in short terms).

Also, regarding your mothers comments:

"My mom went with me and said she doesn't think Anthony has seizures because he smiled during the flashing lights (might have been only part of the time, not sure). She said since he liked it, he couldn't have epilepsy."

With all due respect to your mother, that's downright silly. Hehe. There are a lot of things I like that happen to be common seizure triggers. Normally on my EEG's it will indicate I am photosensitive, although it would really take a lot to trigger that for me (as I am typically not in a dark room with strobe lights flashing in my face). He could very well have even a mild buildup during the strobe test and still be happy. He's a little boy, and if he is having seizure activity he probably isn't aware of any triggers - and will see fun things as such, fun! Flashing lights, fireworks and all of that stuff is typically fun for children, fun for me, too.

Caffeine can trigger seizures for some people, and I drink enough coffee each day to keep a horse awake for a month. Things that are triggers for me, however, don't make me panic or cower in fear of them. In some cases, I'm irresponsible enough to even check them out (like going to movie theaters, 9 out of 10 times a seizure will follow once I get home). I think if my Neurologist/Epileptologist knew how many times I rode Space Mountain at Disneyland they'd probably give me an epic verbal lashing (rollercoaster in a dark setting with various colored flashing lights).

[Disclaimer: Don't follow my suit, sometimes I have naughty breakdowns where I just want to have fun. I do this once a year for my own sanity but never ever recommend doing what your doctor says not to!!]

Anyway!

I watched the videos and have personally not ever seen tics/sz activity like that. I've witnessed a lot of activity somewhat like that but with absence seizures and the child in question was very much more unaware (would not respond to parents speaking, loud noises, etc.) and then would 'snap' back into a more aware state.

Please keep us updated and let us know as soon as you hear something.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote