View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I call this Concussion Anxiety Syndrome. The professionals are starting to recognize it as an issue that needs addressing.

One NT member puts it this way when thinking about these contacts. If you were not concerned or impacted by these contacts before your most recent concussion, there is no reason to expect a problem now.

Have you tried to slowly move back into life with some risk of head contact?

Some need to do hands on conditioning therapy. Touch your head. Scrub your scalp. Learn how to purposely engage life. Tell your kids to gently touch your head without telling you first but quickly saying "Hi Dad." so you can quickly define the touch and direct your thoughts.

CBT helps some. Cognitive Behavior Therapy helps you reprogram your response to a situation or thought.

I would leave basketball off the agenda until you have got a better handle on this. All contact sports should be off the agenda.

Your concussions were likely 60 Gs or more. Few incidental bumps are more than 2 or 3 Gs. Walking down stairs can be 2 or 3 Gs.

Those mild bumps may be subconcussive impacts but it take multiple subconcussive impacts each day for months to create a risk.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote