View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 08:10 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Negative AChR Antibodies test and Normal SFEMG

Hi everyone, I’m new to this form and wonder if anyone has tested normal for the above, but still been diagnosed with MG?

I’ve had fatiguable ptosis since February, with vertical DV. The DV is mild, however, the ptosis means it’s very difficult at times to keep my eyes open. I’ve therefore not worked for almost 6 months.

Blood tests were normal back in Feb/March, however, ALL eye examinations were positive i.e Ice pack test, Cogan’s lid twitch, Simpson test, and Gorelick’s sign.

Due to the above, doctors (and myself) were confident of OMG diagnosis. I was prescribed Mestinon, however this did very little for me, and Neuro then referred me for nerve stimulation test and SFEMG to try to clarify the diagnosis.

Well, this morning, I received the results of these tests, and findings were all normal! The letter from my Neuro is now saying it’s likely they’ll rule MG out!

I’m feeling exhausted by all this, and so confused. In all my time seeing the doctors, no one has ever given me a suggestion of a differential diagnosis! Any ideas?
SB_83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote