View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 09:31 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2324 View Post
so while Im not officially "diagnosed" by a neurologist .. i did have one GP tell me that she thought it was early stage MS just not showing on MRI's yet... so I haven't ruled that possibility completely out for now.
I have had a diagnosis of MS for 35 years with symptoms starting before the age of 18. In my personal experience, PCPs do not understand Multiple Sclerosis or the diagnostic criteria, though many think they do. Personally I would not put much into a PCPs comment about having MS. At this time you do not have any testing which points to MS. Did the Neurologists tell you how your Neurological exam/evaluation came out, any deficits?

Yes, sometimes, for some, it can take years for a diagnosis of MS, but many that believe they have MS end up not having it or have something else.

There is no symptom exclusive to MS, many conditions, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, some medications and mental health issues can cause similar symptoms.

Quote:
I don't think by reading about the disease I somehow converted it to some physical process.
Yes, it can and does happen.

I do hope you find answers for your symptoms/PN.