View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default PN - Can Vitamin D overdoes damage the nerves?

I have been through EVERY, and I mean EVERY blood test and MRI you can imagine! MRI of the back and of both feet. I've been diagnosed with Paresthesia only in my feet but the doctors could not find a reason why. I do drink red wine and told the doctor who originally said that was the reason. BUT every test she ran on me were all normal. I was tested for Lyme Disease, Celiac, Auto Immune Disorders (I do have hypothyroid and am on meds for that) Lupus, Diabetes, Arthritis, Liver and Kidneys, all vitamins, you name it. All normal. The only thing they did find was my blood showed I was WAY too high in vitamin D. I had been supplementing and also taking fish oils which was making it worse.

I exercise 30 minutes a day, am 50 years old and in good health otherwise. Just this stupid Paresthesia that I've learned to live with. I won't take pain meds and prefer to go the natural route. Anyone have any idea if the overdose of D could have damaged my nerves? I am now finally back down to normal levels but the PN is still here. I am sure it took me a few years for this to come one, maybe recovery will take the same. Not sure but hoping! After reading these threads, what is the difference between Paresthesia and PN?
DoxieRox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote