View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimintulsa View Post
I was diagnosed four months ago with MG. I was in crisis and went in and out of ER and hospital several times. Had plasmapharesis and then treatment was started, IVIG, Mestinon and Prednisone. I didn't respond to the treatment and continued to get weaker and eneded up having a feeding tube put in. Lost 50 pounds total before the tube. October 2017 Soliris was approved for patients that didn't respond to traditional treatment. I was approved by my insurance company and began IV's with Soliris 7 weeks ago. Since it is a new drug for MG there is no history to draw on to know what to expect. Case study information has been limited for patients and Dr's. My case manager for Soliris says to expect it to take about three months to see results. Just curious if anyone else has not reaponded to traditional treatment and what has your Dr recommended?
I just started the drug Solaris. I just finished my first 5 weeks of getting it every week. So far I have not had any side effects. I am real tired the next day and spend the day in my recliner. Now I will get the Solaris every 2 weeks and continue getting my IVIG every 3 weeks. This is a new drug for MG, but not new to the market.
I had a choice of starting the Solaris or plasmapheresis. I choose the Solaris, because it takes less time and you do not have to get a permanent port put in. Hopefully this will work for all of us. Good luck to everybody.
sholton6882 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote