View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 10:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bobby. I agree the anxiety does have impact on our bowls. IBS is known to have increased symptoms during times of high stress. The brain body connection.

When my mind gets stuck with specific worry, I write the stressor down then say out loud "what is the worst thing that may happen?" Think about this for short time Then " what is the best thing that may happen?" Think about this longer. Then I imagine the out come to go right down the middle. For example I may have trouble at first with the cell phone but I will eventually figure it out because I am a strong intelligent woman. Plus I have a phone that will make my life more safe. Feed your brain reality, not what ifs. Thinking about negative "What ifs" Is wasting your precious energy. It is not easy, I understand.

My mother had severe depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. I was a support and tried to help her and worry my anxiety may get out of hand so I jump on it at the first indication of it getting out of control. It is always there but I can tap it down with the above example.

My dog is obsessed with tennis balls and will play fetch until she drops. We took her to a park with a court and she charged to the tennis court trying to scoop up all the loose balls. It was so funny.

Take care
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-16-2019), mymorgy (08-16-2019)