View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default 7 months pcs neck/headache advice

Hey there,

New to this forum but I've had pcs for about 7 months. I got hit in the back of the head unexpectedly with a basketball and here I am 7 months later still feeling the effects of it. I have had physical therapy/ acupuncture and vestibular work done and my symptoms have improved greatly. I do however have these lingering headaches that will at least once a week have me in bed all day. My neck will tighten up and feel as though there is a vise at the base of my skull (where I was hit) and it will then turn into a headache that extends to the front of my head. Any suggestions on how to relieve these? I have been using a heat pad on my neck and ice pack around my head and this combo helps, but i am still bed ridden. I have tried muscles relaxants, ibuprofen as well as my migraine med cambia (I got migraines before my concussion) and they work some of the time. Any recommendations? Are these cervicogenic headaches? I got a massage the other day and he next day was spent in bed with one of these! Thanks in advance!
charbobo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote