View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 04:02 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Exclamation Is it myasthenia gravis or not?i am still confused.

Hello everyone.i will state here some of my experiences and i hope theres someone who can patiently read it and share some thoughts.
I am 30 years old female.yes ia m confused with my condition right now..because last year 2017 i was ad mitted in a hospital because i am having a crossed eye and double vision as well and headaches. I undergone some tests like emg ct scans and mri . They are all normal.i went through lumbar puncture also and they found out i am having an increasing pressure in my head and the causes are unknown. So the doctor prescribed a diuretic to lessen that pressure..the medicationis acetazolamide and it went well..my double vision gradually disappears and also thr cross eye.after 2 months, because i havnt bought my medications and havn't taken for a week..my condition went back..gradually cross eye went back double vision as well and worse i've got droopy eyelid on one side only..then i continued my acetazolamide but it doesn't went well as fast as before..i suffered having double vision forlike 3 months i think but eventually the double visions lessens..and then this year january, iwent to another neurologist to have a second opinion..i undergone emg ct scan again and the result still negative for myasthenia gravis. I am now confused because i have some symptoms experiencing regarding myasthenia gravis yet all the tests are negative as well. Can anyone have a greater knowledge of this condition and share some thoughts? Whatbare the right thing to do? I am currently experiencing on and off double visionand i need to focuse to what i am looking at for a cleaarer vision and i am having headaches as well bit it is tolerable...thank you.
Jeid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote